During the November election of 2022, Maryland voters overwhelmingly approved recreational cannabis after years of medical access. Question 4 on the 2022 ballot passed with a 67.20% margin. Subsequently the Maryland General Assembly passed House Bill 556 and Senate Bill 516, which pave the way for Adult Use Sales beginning on July 1, 2023.
We’ve addressed some of the most common questions below. As dates and new details emerge we will keep this posted updated with the latest.
1. Is cannabis legal for adult use in Maryland?
Yes. On July 1, 2023 Maryland became the 20th state to legalize recreational cannabis sales to adults 21 years and older. Stop in and say hello!
2. How old do I have to be to buy recreational cannabis?
To purchase recreational cannabis, customers must be 21 years or older.
3. What do I need to purchase recreational cannabis? You will need a government-issued photo ID at the point-of-sale that demonstrates that you are 21 years or older. Government-issued IDs include a driver’s license, state ID card, passport/passport card, military ID, tribal card.
4. Where can I get recreational cannabis?
Recreational cannabis can only be bought at an approved recreational dispensary, like The Apothecarium of Cumberland.
5. How much cannabis can I purchase?
Adults 21 years and older will be able to possess up to 1.5 ounces of cannabis flower, up to 12 grams of concentrated cannabis; or a total amount of cannabis products that does not exceed 750 mg of THC. This is known as the “personal use amount.
6. What products/form types are available to purchase?
Maryland has not shared information about products and form types available for Adult Use customers. Once more information is available, we will notify you!
7. What are the benefits of buying cannabis from a dispensary?
All cannabis products sold in approved recreational dispensaries are lab tested for quality and harmful chemicals. Test results can be found on the compliance label of all products.
8. If I have a medical card, can I still purchase recreational cannabis?
Yes. Medical patients can purchase recreational cannabis.
9. How can I learn more about becoming a medical cannabis patient?
You can learn more on the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission website here: https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/process_to_obtain.aspx
10. How much recreational cannabis be taxed?
Recreational cannabis will be taxed at 9% sales tax.
To read more about the legalization of cannabis in Maryland, visit the handy resource page below:
MMCC Website for Adult-Use Cannabis Legalization: https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/Legalization-of-Non-Medical-Cannabis.aspx
Welcome to Pride Month at The Apothecarium Pride Month is a time of celebration, reflection, and advocacy for the LGBTQ+ community. At The Apothecarium, we are proud supporters of the LGBTQ+ co...View Post
Strain of the Week - Bazooka Breath by Rythm Are you ready to experience an extraordinary journey into the world of indulgent flavors and deep relaxation? Look no further than Bazooka Breat...View Post
Virtual MMJ Card Certification Event Hosted by ReLeaf Specialists (MMJ-Docs) New Patient Certifications = $75 Existing patient certifications = $50 June 1, 2023 – June 15, 202...View Post